Wireless circumaural headphones for TV

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by briotone, Aug 31, 2012.

1. briotone

briotone New Member

Hi people,

I am no expert but hope someone can help me with some information?

I have a Philips flat screen TV, fixed to the wall, with female plug holes for headphones and phono, at the side of the TV, under which, using Vogel brackets, I have a DVD player and digibox.

I have managed to avoid any cables being visible, by having the electricity and antenna sockets installed at chest height, behind the TV.

Now for my question!!

Is there a quality headset available (see title above) that has just the transmitter and a very short lead to plug into the headphone socket on the TV, PLUS to avoid showing any cable that locates the headphones and charges them when not in use, can I get a separate charger that I plug in as needed, elsewhere, to only temporarily expose a cable??

I apologise if this is not comprehensive but I am trying my best.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi briotone

You could try two ways of doing this -

Sennheiser RS160 Wireless Headphones (RS 160 Wireless Headset)
    £122.95

This is probably the best wireless headphone with a small(ish) transmitter. You could try to hide this behind the TV but you might not have enough space.

The second option is to use a bluetooth headphone as a bluetooth dongle is rechargeable and very small. Bluetooth headphones are rarely luxurious though - For this seek out the quite pricey Sennheiser MM 550 Travel.:)

3. briotone

briotone New Member

RobinHiFi,
    thank you for your reply.
    I have in fact ordered the Sennheiser RS160, when I saw the size of the transmitter. I am sure I can disguise its visibility.
    I also chose the Sennheiser because, in my net research, it appears that KLEER is allegedly superior to Bluetooth.
    So maybe I am doing something right?
    Thanks again.