Wireless headphones for Hard of Hearing

Discussion in 'Headphone & Earphone General Discussion' started by sbj, Mar 15, 2012.

1. sbj

sbj New Member

we are looking for a set of wireless headphones that my husband who wears a hearing aid can use.

THe ones we have are a bit old & he gets a lot of background noise which means that he cannot hear the voices on the programme.

The other criteria is that I need to be able to hear the TV at the same time as a volume to suit me!

Any suggestions????????

Thanks

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi sbj

It is a function of your TV and not the headphones which cuts out the speakers. This means you need to find a different output to connect the headphones to.

What sound Outputs are there on the back of the TV?

What is the budget for the wireless headphones? :)

3. tonkatoy

tonkatoy New Member

If you have a scart output socket, all you need to buy is a scart adaptor like this one SCART Adaptor - Output Only and then feed it to a headphone amplifier such as Project Headbox then connect your wireless headphones to the headphone amp!

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

If you have only have a digital output available (this is rare) you can use a Fiio D3 and a headphone amp to wired headphone or just stright to wireless headphones. To be more specific though you need to let us know what's round the back of that TV:)