Wireless headphones under £100

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by runragged, Dec 2, 2011.

1. runragged

runragged New Member

Hi,

All advice gratefully accepted. My 21year old son has asked for a set of wireless headphones as an extra for Christmas. Whilst he is a music and gaming fan he is not an expert on quality just wants to be able to play at volume without upsetting the family.

I know absolutely nothing about headphones apart from constantly buying skull candy for I pods so any advice about a basic set of wireless headphones that will give good quality sound and value for money would be most welcome.

Thanks

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Hi runragged

I would go for a pair of these -

Sennheiser RS120 Wireless Headphones (RS 120 Wireless Headset)
    £76.96

They are very reliable, come ready to go, will charge when put back on the hanger (so there is an incentive to be tidy with them:)), a two year warranty and have reasonable audio quality.

If you wanted to get something which would have a few more applications and be better sound quality, these would fit well.

Sennheiser RS160 Wireless Headphones (RS 160 Wireless Headset)
    £126.95

3. runragged

runragged New Member

Thanks. I am aware that there is an update RS120-8 II whicxh because it is new is more expensive but newer models aren't always better. Any thoughts?

4. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

The new ones are basically the same with new packaging and an extra cable in the box. No real improvement.