Wireless Headphones

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by burton, Nov 26, 2012.

1. burton

burton New Member

After some for Christmas, not too crazy on price, but best sound for the money.

Listen to mainly dance but recently rock/indie/folk so things that are quite lively.

2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Brand new VOLUME headphones coming very soon (hopefully next week) - really nice quality and well thought out design, comfy with good sound and they will be £70!!!:)

3. burton

burton New Member

They look good for being portable but was after something that would stay at home.

Was thinking of the Senn RS160

4. RobinHiFi

The RS160 are very impressive - great for films and music. The small adaptor also means you will feel like using them with different devices - Larger base stations tend to mean wireless headphones are mostly used in one room when they could be very useful for lots of tasks. The wireless transfer is still instantaneous, despite the high quality of the transfer.:)

5. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

The SoundMAGIC WP10 wireless headphones will be with us early in the new year. This headphone comes with a USB DAC, which means you can plug it into a PC or Mac for a direct digital connection.

We've tried a review sample and it sounds VERY impressive. It will be more expensive than the RS160, but might be worth waiting for.

6. burton

burton New Member

Santa didn't bring any headphones this year, so I am in the market still. But I have also re-thought what I would be using them for, and would like to be able to use them on the odd occasion away from the house?

Anything that springs to mind or should I still wait for the SoundMAGIC's that were mentioned by Shaun?

7. RobinHiFi

The RS160 is a great choice but doesn't come with as many useful add ons as the SoundMAGIC WP10. The WP10 has a case and fold smaller, although both headphones function just as well at home or out and about the WP10 come with more features that will help whilst out and about.