Wireless/noise cancelling? headphones

Discussion in 'Full Size Headphones' started by Cocohoney, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Cocohoney

Cocohoney New Member

Hi,

Ok, I have no idea what I am talking about here, so please forgive me my technoignorance!
    My husband has been talking about getting some wireless headphones, it is his birthday coming up and I thought it would be a good idea to get some for him.

I looked, and discovered you can get noise cancelling headphones too, but I can't seem to find both together?

He would use them for gaming, and also for listening to music when he is working on his PC. His study is right next to the sitting room and he uses the music to block out the noisy children!!

So I thought it would be great to have some of the noise cancelling ones, does anyone know if you can get wireless ones?

Any advice (keep it simple for me!) on suitable headphones gratefully received. He doesn't want the in ear ones, he already has some and after a while his ears hurt, and I know he likes sennheiser stuff, but not sure why or if that's relevant.

I've seen that perhaps it isn't a good idea to have the combination, so wondered also if anyone can suggest good wireless headphones which are very comfortable and are good at damping outside noises?

Thanks

2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Wireless noise cancelling headphones

It's true. I can't think of one headphone with combined wireless and noise cancelling features.

It may be due to the fact that the noise cancelling electronics has problems with interference from wireless equipment (just a guess).

To be honest noise cancelling headphones won't help much with reducing the noise of children. They are designed really only for reducing constant low frequency noise, e.g. aircraft engines, air conditioning units, etc. See our guide to Noise Cancelling headphones for more info. See also our guide to Wireless Headphones.

I'd recommend a good quality pair of closed back headphones as these will reduce the noise by sealing around the ears.

If you must go for wireless headphones then I would recommend the Sennheiser RS140 as they are closed back.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
  3. Cocohoney

Cocohoney New Member

Thank you!

Thanks for that, I'm off to check them out now...