Wireless, Noise Reduction £300 budget

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by Ian Hill, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Ian Hill

Ian Hill New Member

Hello,
    I've been reading the forums and trying to resist opening another What Headphones thread but I'd really like your advice.
    I would like to buy some new headphones to replace my current Goldring headphones.
    Of course I would like quality sound but as I'll mostly be using them with the TV, Playstation and Spotify (iPhone/iPad) I don't want to waste to much budget here. I'd really like active noise reduction, wireless headphones and for this reason, I've been thinking about the Parrot Zik 2.0 but there's quite a bit of bad press for them quality. And this is something else which is important, as the Goldrings have snap on both sides of the band, now being held together with superglue.

Also, any thoughts on Optical outputs to Jack converters?

Many thanks for any input.

2. Ian Hill

Ian Hill New Member

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  3. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

The B&O
    The B&O H8 have a very good rep.

4. Steve-HiFi

Steve-HiFi Super Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    dalethorn likes this.
  5. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I tried finding something like the H8 in my previous reply but the forum software didn't help me to get to anything. Then I tried sending a message and got the message instead "You're not permitted to start a conversation with Steve-HiFi....." even though I can do so with the other admins. I'm pretty good at following up on user requests, especially with budget issues, but a better link to the store and ability to find things is the key.

6. Ian Hill

Ian Hill New Member

Thanks for the replies. I couldn't previously find the H8s either when searching the store.
    I've had a good look at the H8s and reviews too (in different sites) and there are quite a few common complaints i.e. poor noise reduction performance and physical effect, like walking, being heard in the headphones. The budget is out of my league but I was seriously interested until I saw the reviews. I'll go take a look at the Sennheiser MM450-X.

dalethorn likes this.
  7. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

We actually put the H8 product page live today as a result of your message. This is a brand new product for us and it was in the queue, but your message nudged us to bring it to the front of the queue.

I'll look into the message about not being permitted to start a conversation with Steve-HiFi. Also links back to the store will be re-implemented on the new forum in the coming days.

dalethorn likes this.
  8. Ian Hill

Ian Hill New Member

Just wanted to add for anyone passing by that I haven't made a choice yet. The H8 are too expensive for me and on ear rather than around ear too.
    I'm going to have to take the plunge soon and may opt against active noise reduction and hope my bluetooth choice will have good passive noise reduction.

9. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

There's an H7 coming, around-ear I think.

10. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member

I think the V-Moda Crossfade Wireless could be the one for you!

We don't stock it at the moment but I would highly recommend it for what you are looking for :)

dalethorn likes this.
  11. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

I'm getting that one in a few days so we will see.

12. john-hifi

john-hifi Super Moderator Staff Member

I heard them at CanJam in London - very impressed :)

13. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

Mine will be a "free" sample, which of course will not affect my objectivity. Speaking of which, and hope against hope, I pray that it will have the exact same tonality as the wired version.