wireless phones

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by denis, Aug 19, 2010.

1. denis

denis New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I am thinking about purchasing PHILIPS SBCHC8440 Headphones I am using home recording on a Mac Garage band Logic express. I have bluetooth will I be able to silence my computer output and redirect to these phones so I can monitor multitrack vocals and acoustic guitars? I used to use the Jack puy output on my Lexicon Omega interface no problems I would like to go for a wireless option
  2. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

Apr 28, 2010
    Hi Denis,

I don't really have a complete answer to your question as I'm not sure where the Bluetooth comes in.

The PHILIPS SBCHC8440is an FM wireless headphone and will therefore require the transmitter to be plugged into the headphone output socket on your Mac.

Obviously choose whatever headphones appeal to you but let me suggest some headphones at a similar price that I think would do a better job.

First of all when you buy a wireless headphone a lot of the money is being spent on the wireless technology and not on the drivers - great for watching TV in your lounge but when recording music you need the most accurate response for your money - In a professional studio if you are moving about or have to sit on the other side of a large live room you will find your headphones connected to an extension cable. Why not use the same at home, even a long extension cable will degrade the signal less than a wireless headphone.

5m extension cable - great quality for £10!

In my opinion for recording music the two most important things are isolation and an even reasonably flat and accurate response.

here are a few that are worth looking at for your budget -

Sennheiser HD202 - These are shockingly good for their price, accurate, well isolated and really comfy and light weight.

Beyerdynamic DT231 PRO - Similar Beyer to the above sennheiser, a real surprise for the budget.

Shure SRH240 - Pro studio headphones for £60? Wow!

Maybe this will help, maybe not!

Happy listening:)