Would like some advice...

Discussion in 'Ask The Experts' started by wbc, Apr 19, 2012.

1. wbc

wbc New Member

Hello,

Hoping someone has some suggestions for my situation. I don't normally use headphones of any kind because, so it seems to me, the proximity of the sound makes my ears hurt in fairly short order.

Unfortunately, I've acquired a cube neighbor who makes some rather odd noises and I'd like to listen to some music so that I'm not quite so startled when he goes off.

So...can anyone recommend a pair of decent, lightweight, headphones that would be okay for playing fairly mellow music at low volume (probably stuff like U2 or Michael Buble).

I've read reviews of the Audio-Technica ATH-EW9, and they seem to get good marks for comfort and sound quality. I know I wouldn't want earbuds and probably not closed back headphones. But I think that's really all I know.

Thank you :)

2. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

3. RobinHiFi

RobinHiFi Super Moderator

4. wbc

wbc New Member

Thank you, but...

Thank you, but these aren't the phones I'm looking for.

I don't need something that will block noise. Anything that could block my neighbor's odd noises would also block me hearing people walking up to my cube (the approach isn't in my field of view) and impromptu discussions with my teammates. I also don't want closed back headphones. I don't like the the feeling of pressure I get in them.

What I want is something that lets me listen to music at a low level, with not much discomfort on my head and ears. That way, when my neighbor makes his odd noises, it's not so startling and disruptive. I just want to add a little noise (music) to reduce the signal-to-nose ratio.

5. dalethorn

dalethorn Active Member

6. wbc

wbc New Member

Looks good!

I've placed an order for a set. Comments in the reviews seem to align well with what I'm looking for.

Thanks so much! :)