Yet another post about what headphones to get

Discussion in 'Portable Headphones & Earphones' started by General Zod, Nov 22, 2011.

1. General Zod

General Zod New Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Hi all

Sorry that this is yet another post asking about what headphones to get.

I currently have some Sennheiser cx300 that I use for my iPod touch but I have some cash burning a hole in my pocket so decided to look for some over ear headphones for home/office use.

I will only be looking to use these with an iPod and a computer. Comfort is important to me so I think I would prefer over ear as to on ear. Music taste varies but the main culprits range form are Hawkwind, Dreadzone, Ozric Tentacles through to varied dance music through to the Blues Brothers :)

I started by looking at the Panasonic RP-HTX7 (£32) - They were the best buys < £50 on What HiFi
    Then looked at AKG K450's (£59) - Which were the What HiFi product of the year
    I have also seen the Cresyn C720H (£50) and they score really well with Trusted reviews
    Finally the Denon AHD1100's (£75) put in an appearance

They all seem to have plus points, receive good reviews when googled and are liked in their own right.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these, I think it is a toss up between the AKG's and the Cresyns, but I would love to hear from anyone with any thoughts or alternatives.

I am trying to stay under £100.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Shaun-HiFi

Shaun-HiFi Administrator Staff Member

Aug 30, 2008
    My choice would be either the AKG or the Denon.

Another option is the Audio-Technica ATH-ES55. They are really worth the extra cash in my opinion. They are very, very nicely made and sound superb.