FiiO X5 2nd Gen Lossless Portable Digital Audio Player & DAC
Availability: Out of stock
- Full revamp of highly acclaimed X5 DAP
- 15% lighter and 12% smaller than previous version
- 14V power supply for best power in class - up 40% from last generation
- Lossless playback for native DSD, WAV, FLAC, APE, WMA, ALAC,AIFF up to 192kHz/24bit
- Standalone high-quality DAC functionality
FiiO X5 2nd Gen
With a multitude of improvements FiiO presents the X5 2nd Generation digital music player and DAC to follow the highly acclaimed predecessor with an impressive array of innovations. With all new exterior design, reinforced build and upgraded technical elements the refreshed FiiO X5 2nd Gen is the new go to DAP for music enthusiasts.
You forget that you’re listening to a portable player
FiiO X5 2nd Gen equipped with audiophile-grade architecture and premium components is apable of playing files up to 24-bit/192 kHz in a variety of formats including native DSD, WAV, WMA, ALAC, FLAC, APE, AIFF, and more. Driven by Texas Instruments PCM1792A DAC coupled to an OPA1652 results in great dynamic performance, while the FET inputs offer extra-low distortion and noise. Additionally, two top-flight OPA1612 chips provide low pass filtering and voltage amplification for extra-low distortion and noise.
Connection of the player is a standard 3.5mm headphone output and a separate line out/digital out via 3.5mm. FiiO X5 2nd Generation has no on-board memory, but uses two microSD card slots supporting up to 256GB total. The 3300mAh Li-polymer battery provides up to 10 hours of playback under normal conditions.
Boundless portable high-resolution audio.
FiiO X5 2nd Gen is 15% lighter and 12% smaller than the original X5. The chassis is made of aluminium alloy and features a high-reflectance, fine-grain faceplate. New independent amplification stage with analogue volume control increases audio resolution and new digital audio architecture. Also added is Hardware DSD decoding and support of CTIA standard in-line earphone remote control units.
Lossless File Support
FiiO X5 2nd Gen supports all major lossless music formats including native DSD, WAV, FLAC, APE, WMA, ALAC, AIFF lossless music formats are supported up to 192kHz/24bit and it even decodes Apple’s proprietary ALAC format seamlessly.
When connected to a computer the X5 2nd Gen double as a stand-alone USB DAC replacing the on-board sound card when using a different audio source for higher quality audio conversion and performance.
The headphone output employs two BUF634U chips for current buffering, resulting in a sufficient drive current for a wide sound stage, high dynamics, and good bass power. Dual crystal oscillators ensure the lowest jitter and highest precision playback of music at any sample rate, eliminating conversion artefacts.
New power architecture design that utilises different system voltages for low and high gain. Standby mode allows player to remain in standby for weeks, ready to continue playing instantly when activated. Also new is the coulomb meter for precise battery level readouts. The 3300mAh Li-polymer battery provides up to 10 hours of playback under normal conditions.
Improved UI offers five unique themes, while the classic scroll wheel and colour display offers easy navigation. You can browse and play songs via folders, songs, albums, artists, genres, favourites, and playlists. The 10-band graphic EQ and the 120-step digital volume control allow for custom-tailored sound and levels.
CNET's Audiophiliac Steve Guttenberg: First Listen
“With a good recording and a decent pair of headphones the X5 2nd Gen provides spectacular sound quality.”
Hi-Fi World Evaluation of FiiO X5 Gen 2 DAP
"The player has a lovely open midband quality and broad, rainbow-like imaging, where a mass of fine detail seemed to rain down."
Stuff Magazine Appraises FiiO X5 2nd Gen Digital Audio Player
“There’s a high degree of resolution and grain-free presentation on tap. The richness of the timbre makes you forget that you’re listening to a portable player.”
- All new exterior design, improved build and metal finish changed from powdered to brush
- Smaller and lighter
- Reduced black borders around LCD
- New independent amplification stage with analogue volume control increases audio resolution
- New digital audio architecture utilising dual crystal oscillators dedicated to multiples of 44.1 and 48kHz respectively
- Hardware DSD decoding
- Supports CTIA standard in-line earphone remote control units
- New power architecture design that utilises different system voltages for low and high gain
- Standby mode allows player to remain in standby for weeks, ready to continue playing instantly when activated
- Coulomb meter for precise battery level readouts
SUPPORTED AUDIO FORMATS
- DSD: DSD64, DSD128 (.iso, .dsf & .dff)
- APE (Fast): 192 kHz/24-bit
- APE (Normal): 96 kHz/24-bit
- APE (High): 96 kHz/24-bit
- FLAC: 192 kHz/24-bit
- WAV: 192 kHz/64-bit
- WMA Lossless: 96 kHz/24-bit
- Apple Lossless: 192 kHz/24-bit
- MP2, MP3, AAC, ALAC, WMA, OGG
- Hibernation: Player can automatically enter hibernation for instant wake-up / playback with minimal battery drain
- Screen Saver: Custom defined screen timeout time
- Themes: 6 different built-in themes
- Playback Display: Supporting embedded / external / folder-based album art, lyrics and ID3 display
- Volume Control: 120 steps digital potentiometer
- Output Protection: Power supply safety control over analogue circuit
- Gain Setting: Switchable between high and low gain
- Equalizer: 10-band EQ (±6dB)
- Hearing Protection: Customizable max volume setting to protect hearing
- Balance: Max bias 5dB L/R (0.5dB increments)
- On/Off Transients: Output relay prevents on / off transients
- Headphone Detection: Playback pauses on headphone disconnection
- Internal Battery: 2600mAh 3.7V Li-polymer
- Playtime: >11 hours (32Ω, normal volume, display off)
- Firmware upgrade via microSD card (formatted in FAT32)
- Data Transfer: Micro USB 2.0 high speed
- 14V power supply for best power in class, up 40% from last generation
- Discrete analogue volume control, SACD ISO direct decoding
- DSD, WAV, FLAC, APE, WMA, ALAC,AIFF are supported up to 192kHz/24bit
- Texas Instruments analogue volume controller PGA2311A
- Synergistic combination of flagship components
- Dual crystal oscillators supply the most precise timing
- Deep-sleep standby for instant-on music
- 15% lighter and 12% smaller than previous generation
- Supports headset with CTIA-standard in-line remote
- Supports 10-EQ and user-defined playlist
- FiiO X5 2nd Gen High Resolution DAP
- High-current Micro-USB charging/data cable (1m)
- Black silicone protective case
- Screen protector (1 installed from factory, 2 spares)
- Coaxial S/PDIF adaptor
- Bodywork stickers (USA Flag, Wood Grain, Carbon Fiber)
- FiiO warranty card
- Owner's manual
- Promotional code for HDTracks
|Product Type||Portable Audio Player|
|Recommended Use||Hi-Fi, Portable audio system|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 Year|
|Included Accessories||Micro-USB cable (1m), Black silicone protective case, Screen protector (1 installed from factory, 2 spares), Coaxial S/PDIF adaptor, Bodywork stickers (USA Flag, Wood Grain, Carbon Fiber), FiiO warranty card, Owner's manual, Promotional code for HDTracks|
Related Product Information and Reviews
Read the latest expert reviews of headphone and earphones
Questions on FiiO X5 2nd Gen Lossless Portable Digital Audio Player & DAC
No questions asked yet