Grado SR125e Prestige Open Back Headphones
Availability: In stock
- Warm harmonic colours, rich full bodied vocals and excellent dynamics
- Special driver design and metal housing offer low transient distortion
- Updated driver and cable design and added mass from the metal housing
- Comfortable design with adjustable headband and cushioned earpads
Overhauled and improved, the design of the Grado SR125e features advanced driver and cable design employing special copper voice coil wire. With the 8 conductor cable design you will notice outstanding control and stability of the upper and lower range of the frequency spectrum, with both supporting Grado's world renowned midrange.
Grado's cognition to combine lightness with extreme rigidity and internal damping has been put to good use on the SR125e. The way the SR125e's new driver, cable and plastic housing move air and react to sound vibrations are virtually unaffected by transient distortions. Bass, midrange and treble are open and you will enjoy the fine tonal spread and balance.
The Grado SR125e are very efficient and can be driven by the output of most portable players and inexpensive home equipment. A good quality dedicated headphone amplifier will help improve the overall control and detail of the highs, add some heft and authority to the bottom end. A headphone amp will also provide a slightly deeper, more expansive dimension to the SR125e's soundstage image.
The way it's meant to sound.
The reinforced metal rear screen increases air flow by 50%, freeing the headphone from colourations, whilst the use of closer matched drivers and larger cushions results in an expanded soundstage.
The Grado SR125e are very efficient and can be driven by the output of most portable players and inexpensive home equipment. A good quality dedicated headphone amplifier will help improve the overall control and detail of the highs, add some heft and authority to the bottom end.
UHPLC Voice Coils
Ultra-high purity long crystal copper voice coils and the 8-wire connecting cable provide great control of upper and lower frequencies, as well as support of midrange frequencies.
What Hi Fi? Celebrates Grado SR125e with 5 Star Review
“It’s a balanced sound: sparkly at the top, with an expressive midrange, and plenty punchy at the bottom.”
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Operating Principle: Open
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 99.8dB
- Normal Impedance: 32Ω
- Driver Matched: 0.1dB
- Improved driver and cable design utilising UHPLC copper voice coil wire
- Reinforced metal rear screen increases air flow by 50% eliminating distortion
- Adjustable headband and cushioned earpads for comfort
- Vented diaphragm and non-resonant air chamber for great detail and clarity
- Drivers are matched to 0.1dB
- Ultra-high purity, long crystal copper wire voice coil and copper connecting cord
- Grado SR125e Prestige Open Back Headphones
- 6.35mm stereo jack adaptor
- Grado story-sheet
|Feature Keyword||Comfortable, Lightweight, On Ear, Open, Over Head, Portable|
|Recommended Use||Digital audio player, Hi-Fi, Portable audio system|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 Year|
|Included Accessories||6.35mm stereo jack adaptor, Grado story-sheet, Warranty|
|Headphone Fit Type||On Ear|
|Headphones Type||Headphones - binaural|
|Cable Entry||Dual Sided|
|Connector Type||Headphones (3.5 mm stereo jack)|
|Earcup Design||Open Back|
|Frequency Response||20Hz - 20kHz|
|Headphones Form Factor||On Ear|
|Number of Drivers||No|
|Sound Isolation (dB)||No|
|Sound Output Mode||Stereo|
|Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)||No|
Related Product Information and Reviews
Read the latest expert reviews of headphone and earphones
Questions on Grado SR125e Prestige Open Back Headphones
No questions asked yet