Sennheiser HDVD800 Digital Headphone Amplifier & DAC
Availability: In stock
- Only 1 left
- Available For Demonstration - Call Us Now!
- High resolution digital to analogue conversion with balanced sound image with maximum precision
- Symmetrical and asymmetrical analogue inputs
- Sophisticated metal housing and controls
- Perfect match for Sennheiser's audiophile headphones
Sennheiser HDVD 800
Sennheiser have created the HDVD800 to excel the current levels of audio quality for audiophile listening. As the perfect match for Sennheiser's audiophile headphones, the HDVD800 delivers a balanced sound image, maximum precision and impressive tonal spatiality with perfect conversion of digital to analogue signals.
The HDVD800 connects with all digital sources and is equipped with a high-quality Burr-Brown digital to analogue converter that modifies audio signals with superior resolution. Digital sources can be connected to the rear of the unit via an XLR input, optical and coaxial digital inputs or USB. Further to the symmetrical inputs, the asymmetrical input socket of the HDVD800 is able to balance incoming signals before further processing takes place.
Both the housing and potentiometer control, as well as the rotary switch for source selection, are made of anodised aluminium, while the front panel and other controls are machined from solid metal. Visible through the glass panel of the HDVD800 is the cooling element, the audio relay and countless resistors for the amplifier giving the user the feeling of being part of the amplification process.
This high-end amplifier fits in perfectly and delivers superior acoustic performance when paired with any of Sennheiser's audiophile headphones.
The ultimate in audiophile sound.
Equipped with a high-quality Burr-Brown digital to analogue converter (DAC) that converts digital audio data into analogue signals with a resolution of 24 bits and a sampling rate of up to 192 kHz.
The consistently symmetrical signal processing and extremely low harmonic distortion guarantees an absolutely precise sound. Featuring high-end ALPS quadruple potentiometer that achieve perfect channel equality.
Digital sources can be connected to the rear of the unit via an XLR input, optical and coaxial (S/PDIF) digital inputs or USB.
The sophisticated metal housing protects against signal scatter and vibration. Solid controls machined from metal, providing the utmost in long-term stability
A glass panel embedded in the anodised aluminium housing of the amplifier gives a clear view of the exciting interior of the HDVD800.
The HDVD800 provides a spectacular listening experience when paired with any headphone of the Sennheiser's audiophile range.
Extended 5-Year Warranty
As part Sennheiser's Orpheus range, the HDVD800 carries an extended warranty of 5 years on parts and labour.
- Frequency response: 0.3Hz to 100kHz (-3 dB)
- Total harmonic distortion: < -110dB (1kHz / maximum gain)
- Input impedance: 10kOhm
- Max. sampling frequency: 192kHz
- Max. resolution: 24bit
- Input voltage range: 100 - 240V AC / 50 - 60Hz
- Power consumption: 9W
- Dimensions: 216 x 55 x 324 (mm)
- Weight: 2.2kg
- Power supply: 100 - 240V AC / 50 - 60Hz
- Power consumption: < 30VA
- Optical (S/PDIF)
- Coaxial (S/PDIF )
- AES/UBU input
- USB 2.0 input
Sennheiser HDVD800 Features
- D/A transducer for all common formats up to 24bit / 192kHz
- D/A transducer can be used for CD and DVD players
- AES/BU, S/PDIF, USB inputs
- Symmetrical (XLR) and asymmetrical (RCA) analogue inputs
- Sockets for four sets of headphones (two of which symmetrical)
- Consistently symmetrical signal processing for maximum sound quality
- High-end ALPS quadruple potentiometer achieve perfect channel equality
- Variable gain factor (five stages) for optimised use of low impedance headphones
- Sophisticated metal housing to protect against signal scatter and vibration
- Controls machined from solid metal, providing the utmost in long-term stability
- Perfect match with Sennheiser's audiophile headphone range
- Extended 5-year warranty
- Sennheiser HDVD800 Balanced Digital Audiophile Headphone Amplifier & DAC
- Safety guide
- Quick start guide
- CD containing the user manual and Windows driver
Discover Club Orpheus
Club Orpheus takes its name from the legendary Orpheus headphones. Released in 1991, Orpheus is still regarded as the most exclusive and expensive headphone ever produced. Its limited run of only 300 pieces, combined with unparalleled levels of engineering and component choice, means the Orpheus has left its mark on the audio world forever.
Club Orpheus has been created around the very same values as this superlative product - its members represent the finest and most experienced audio retailers in the UK. In buying from a Club Orpheus member, you receive a range of benefits not found anywhere else. These include unparalleled expertise and first-class service. You can also be confident that you are getting the very best in quality from an approved Sennheiser specialist.
Club Orpheus Advantages
- Exclusive access to the best Sennheiser products
- Confidence that you are buying from an approved Sennheiser specialist
- Extended warranties on selected Sennheiser products in the Orpheus range
- First class dedicated customer service
- Priority product support
- Demonstration facilities with unparalleled expertise
Follow the link to discover the Club Orpheus headphone and amplifier range.
Try Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier & DAC
The Sennheiser HDVD800 is available to try at our demo room facility in Lancing, Sussex (close to Brighton and just 1 hour and 20 mins from London Victoria by train).
To book a session you can fill out our Appointment Form or call us on 01903 768910.
You can also find out more about Sennheiser on our dedicated Brand Page.
|Product Type||DAC / Headphone Amplifier|
|Recommended Use||Hi-Fi, Studio|
|Manufacturer Warranty||10 Years|
|Included Accessories||Safety guide, Quick start guide, CD containing user manual and Windows driver|
Related Product Information and Reviews
Read the latest expert reviews of headphone and earphones
Questions on Sennheiser HDVD800 Digital Headphone Amplifier & DAC
No questions asked yet